PPC operates in an environmentally responsible way and in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation. We define objectives and targets in order to minimize the environmental impact of our installations, activities and services. PPC is committed to:
- Reducing any kind of waste and to increasing rework, re-use and re-cycling of internal waste.
- Reducing energy consumption.
- Monitoring and managing environmental risks.
- Avoiding the consumption and emission of hazardous substances during the production.
- Raising environmental awareness of all employees.
All PPC porcelain insulators are alumina porcelain C130 manufactured from natural materials including china clay, clay, feldspar, alumina and silica. These raw-materials and minerals do not contain any conflict minerals or substances that are RoHS or SVHC-listed. PPC used fittings and flanges are mainly made of cast-iron or casted aluminum, which do not contain any of the conflict minerals or substances of very high concern. No dangerous waste material is produced as a byproduct of the production process and there are no known acute or chronic effects on the environment.
PPC is committed to follow the evolution of the list of substances of very high concerns and is prepared to take actions whenever necessary.